We hope you and your loved ones are staying safe and healthy during these challenging times.During our closure, our thoughts had been with our loyal guests, our employees, and our Napa Valley community. We remain hopeful and optimistic as the nation begins its phased reopening. Preparing for the moment we could re-open our doors, the Roman Spa Resort worked with both the California Hotel and Lodging Association (CHLA) and the American Hotel Lodging Association (AHLA), as well as utilizing CDC guidelines to develop a plan allowing us to welcome you back. This comprehensive, multi-layered plan puts both you as well as our employees as a top priority in the area of health and safety.
Our Safe Stay Plan Includes:
Employee Training, health screening, PPE & Temperature Checks
- We have created extensive employee protocols which include health screening questions, daily temperature checks and training on health and safety.
- Employees will stay home if they have COVID-19 related symptoms or have been in close contact with someone who has recently tested positive.
- All employees will be required to wear an approved mask during their shift.
- Gloves will be worn by employees who require them to do their job.
- When reservations are made, staff will provide reminders to all guests to reschedule or cancel plans if COVID-19 symptoms exist or if you have been in contact with a person testing positive in the past 14 days.
- At all times when possible, the front glass lobby doors will remain propped open to reduce touching, if it is not open, a staff member will sanitize after each use.
- Signage will provide a reminder for social distancing and symptoms of COVID-19.
- Upon arrival a hand sanitizing station will be present and encouraged for your use.
- Employees will be wearing masks at the front desk. Key pads will be sanitized in-between use as well as any writing instruments.
- Our sanitation protocols have always focused on exceptionally clean rooms as well as the entire property, awarding us the AAA Best of Housekeeping Badge 2 years in a row, but now we have taken this even further, by increasing the amount of routine cleaning in our common areas that have high-touch surfaces using products that meet EPA guidelines.
- We have placed hand sanitizer in common areas for guest usage in our lobby, pool area and spa.
- As recommended by all hotel associations, stay over service will be limited to replacement towels and trash removal.
- Items such as menus, pens, paper, reading material, decorative pillows and throw blankets will be removed from the room. Prior to your arrival, your room will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected with approved EPA disinfectant for COVID-19 utilizing CDC guidelines.
- A/C system filters will be sanitized prior to every check-in to enhance air quality.
- Prior reservations will be required for all spa services.
- Hand washing/hand sanitizer will be performed prior to each treatment/service by both guests and employees.
- All service providers will wear masks during spa treatments.
- All guests will be required to wear a mask when face up or when lying on their side when receiving a spa treatment.
- All treatment rooms will be disinfected after each treatment utilizing EPA approved guidelines.
- No cash payment transactions will occur onsite.
- All payments and gratuities will be collected via credit or gift certificates.
- All treatments involving the face are not permitted at this time.
Although we are heavily focused on reducing any chance of infection on our property, in the unfortunate event a guest or employee tests positive for the virus, we will activate protocols which our trained staff will respond to quickly so that exposed areas are thoroughly sanitized and CDC guidelines are followed related to guestrooms. We realize as each day passes, we learn more about this virus. Our protocols will continue to evolve in order for us to ensure we provide the safest environment possible.